June 27, 2020
As we continue to seek the Lord for His direction, the Elders have agreed we will not meet in person on Sunday mornings through the end of July but continue our live stream gatherings on the church website and Facebook Live. We are, however, excited for several opportunities of smaller, more contained “in-person” gatherings, in which we encourage social distancing, wearing masks if closer than 6 feet, regular hand washing, meeting outdoors where possible, and asking people to stay home if anyone in their household is sick.
- First, many of our small groups are beginning to meet in person in different configurations, while some groups continue to meet by Zoom or FaceTime. If you’re currently not in a small group, now would be a great time to speak with one of the leaders and get involved. Click HERE for the list.
- Our W.hole Youth Group is meeting on Saturday evenings at 7:00 pm at the church building (they take off the last Saturday of the month). For more information on the youth group, contact Josiah Johnson at email@example.com or (210) 254-5706.
- On the first Sunday evening of each month at 7:00 pm, we will have an in-person, outdoor communion gathering in the parking area and front lawn of our church building. Bring your lawn chairs to sit as a family. There will be no children’s classes. Restrooms will be available. Together, we’ll sing, pray, read scripture, and receive from the Lord’s table.
- Read, Write to Lead: along with Boy With A Ball and UNITE Lawrenceville, we are hosting a summer camp for the kids of Sarah Ct Apartments. We need more volunteers for Tue-Thu, June 30-July 2 or Tue-Thu, July 14-16. You can sign up HERE or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
- Camp Overcomers for Kids! (for kids ages 6-11).Drive through the church parking lot on Friday, July 10 between 6-8 PM to pick up your Overcomers Swag Bag including t-shirt! Then Saturday morning, July 11 be ready to jump on a Zoom call from 10:00 to 11:00 am, for fun and meaningful face time! Register HERE.
- Camp Overcomers for Youth! (grades 7-12) Friday-Saturday, July 17-18. This will be a partial in-person event, connecting groups online. Youth can register at campovercomers.com for more info!
While we hope to make in-person gatherings as safe as possible, we urge you to evaluate your own risk and make the best decisions for yourself and those closest to you on when to attend in-person small groups and church gatherings.
Let’s continue to respond to the leading of the Holy Spirit in these days, living generous and responsible lives as ministers of reconciliation. As we stay in step with the Spirit, let’s find innovative ways to love and lead, serve and encourage, knowing that God has equipped us for such a time as this.
May 8, 2020
While our Elders and leadership remain diligent in seeking the Lord for His direction, there is agreement that for the coming weeks we will continue to stream our Gatherings each Sunday at 10:00 AM and not meet in person. We also encourage you to continue meeting with your small group. Some groups are meeting in person, with adherence to social distancing guidelines, while other groups continue to meet by Zoom or Facetime.
April 24, 2020
Dear Covenant Life family and friends,
Grace and Peace to you.
Our church Elders have been seeking the Lord as we consider the recommendations made by Governor Kemp to re-open Georgia and the new guidelines laid out by the White House Coronavirus Task Force (You can read them here). We have also sought the counsel of all of the medical professionals who are a part of our church, as we consider the appropriate time to return to gathered worship. In all of these matters, we have sought to keep the following priorities:
- To be a church community given to prayer, led by the Holy Spirit, and responsive to God’s Word and direction.
- To be mindful of the well-being of all in our spiritual family and others in our community, adhering to social distancing guidelines, so as to love our neighbors as ourselves.
- To be light in the midst of darkness, walk by faith in the face of fear, and live generously in this time of uncertainty.
With all of this in mind, the Elders have agreed that the earliest we would meet on Sunday mornings and for in-person small groups would be Sunday, May 17, 2020, and this date could be pushed back, if necessary.
When the time comes that we can meet again on Sundays and in our home groups, we will ask people to abide by social distancing guidelines and to stay home and watch the livestream if they are sick, have a fever, are immune-compromised, or do not feel comfortable with being in groups.
In the meantime, please continue to meet with your small groups via Zoom or FaceTime, and let’s join together on Sundays at 10 am, to worship by Livestream, which you can join at: CLC Livestream or on Facebook at: FaceBook Live
Tithes and offerings can still be given online at TITHE.LY or you can mail checks to Covenant Life Church, PO Box 1286, Suwanee, GA 30024. Also, if there are financial needs within our church community or with those to whom we are connected, please let one of the Elders or Small Group Leaders know.
Let’s continue to live responsibly, generously, and as lights in this darkened world. May God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord give you grace, mercy, and peace.
In His love,
March 18, 2020
| Dear Covenant Life Family,|
As I’m sure you know by now, President Trump has announced strict new guidance for at least the next 15 days, asking us not to meet in groups of more than 10, avoiding discretionary travel and not going out to restaurants, malls, and food courts. He is asking us to take these steps to limit exposure and hopefully suppress the rapid spread of COVID-19.
With these recent recommendations, we are canceling our in-person Sunday Gatherings for the foreseeable future, while continuing to gather by livestream on Sundays at 10 am, which you can join at: CLC Livestream or on Facebook at: CLC Facebook Page
Tithes and offerings can be given online at TITHE.LY ONLINE GIVING or you can mail checks to Covenant Life Church, PO Box 1286, Suwanee, GA 30024. Also, if there are financial needs within our church community or with those to whom we are connected, please let one of the Elders or Small Group Leaders know.
I am encouraging each of our small groups to consider how the Lord is leading them to stay connected. In some cases, small groups may continue to meet. Others may choose to meet by Facetime or Zoom or other group conferencing services. No matter how your group decides to continue, use this opportunity to care for each other in innovative ways and don’t simply focus on the inconvenience, but on the Lord, each another, and those we are called to love.
Let’s resolve to walk in faith, not worry or fear. Let’s spend time praying, reading God’s Word and worship. Let’s live responsibly, generously, and as lights in this darkened world. And let’s look for innovative ways to love and lead, serve and encourage, knowing that we are uniquely equipped for such a time as this.
May God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord give you grace, mercy, and peace.
In His love,
March 13, 2020
Dear CLC Family,
This week we’ve witnessed the enactment of significant measures to help reduce the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), and it’s clear that as a nation and community we’re facing unprecedented challenges.
While we must be vigilant in our day-to-day activities, such as washing our hands often, staying home if we are symptomatic, and reducing exposures for the most vulnerable among us, we should also remember that “God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and love and self-control.” (2 Timothy 1:7)
There are some larger church communities that have decided to cancel meetings in the foreseeable future, and it’s understandable how they reached their decision. However, as a church family, we’ve decided to continue to meet for worship on Sundays and will encourage the following actions:
- Please wash your hands regularly with soap and water for 20 seconds after making contact with people or high traffic surfaces.
- Our Children’s Ministry classes will meet and volunteers will follow strict sanitation protocols.
- During personal interactions and greeting time, consider alternative ways of greeting involving less physical contact.
- Offering baskets will not be passed but will be available at the back of the sanctuary, next to the sound booth.
- High traffic doors will be propped open.
We will continue to monitor this situation and take additional precautions as necessary. Also, remember that anyone who is not able to attend may join our Sunday Gatherings online at http://www.covenant.life/live/ or on our church Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/CovenantLifeChurchGwinnett/.
Finally, let me remind us as followers of Jesus to:
- pray for those who are directly affected by this virus and for those who are caring for them.
- pray that the peace of God will rule in our own hearts and in those who are troubled.
- continue to intentionally love and serve our neighbors rather than be ruled by fear, fixate on worst-case-scenarios, or act out of self-preservation.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.
In His love and grace,